Carnival-Laissez les bon temps rouler

My photo
The only thing you truly own is your own mind, body, and soul. So as you go through these 8 to 10 short decades don't hold back cause its your decades!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Mixtures, Solutions, and Blending

I recently watched a video filmed by a McDonalds employee....a transgender woman was trying to use her gender identified bathroom when she was beaten to the point she went into a seizure.  Her attackers were female patrons of the McDonalds.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ec0_1303444048

When did we learn this much hate and anger?   Who spawned it?  How can anyone be that mad at a stranger that has done them no wrong?  What is it like not to "Blend"

I am a chemist by trade and a mixture is a combination of two or more substances that are not chemically united and do not exist in fixed proportions to each other. Most natural substances are mixtures. 
A solution is a homogeneous mixture.  Blending is something we all do as a people to cope with the mixture that is life-its our solution.

But what if you could not blend.   What if inside you were one thing and outside another....is that scary?  Should it be?  I am biologically a male and I identify with being a male.  So if I am in a group of homophobic people and I don't care to show my true colors I can easily blend and fly under the radar undetected.  But what if you could not blend.....what if you lived the truth everyday and faced the consequences like the lady in the video.  I wanna take her pain away but I can't.   I can't change the minds of her attackers fast enough to take away the pain of all those who can't blend everyday. 

Who are the breeders of all this hate....where is this learned?  Is it fear?  What were they afraid of as she tried to use the bathroom?  Why Why Why Why Why? 

Current mood is very sad....sad for people that are victims...victims of hate that has no place.   It's a tragic world we live in as long as there are people like her attackers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment