Carnival-Laissez les bon temps rouler

My photo
The only thing you truly own is your own mind, body, and soul. So as you go through these 8 to 10 short decades don't hold back cause its your decades!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Lets go play!

As I reflect on my year I find joy in contemplating what I am most thankful for. Every year it's slightly different.

1. I am thankful for my sister. We live together as adults because we choose to. Not because of any type of circumstance. I feel so lucky to have a sister that I am so close to, that I can trust with anything and that is always there for me. She is and will be my longest friend in life.

2. I am thankful for the real friends I have in my life. The ones that care enough care. The ones I can trust, talk to....the ones I want to see. They make everyday special and I cherish each and everyone one of my friends.

3. I am thankful for mobility and self propulsion. I have traveled so much this year and it's allowed be to cross paths with other self propelled and mobile individuals. They help me grow. They keep me on my toes. When you constantly come in contact with the cream of the crop it really puts what is out there in prospective. Thus I am thankful for being inspired by the most creative young adults around the country.

4. I am thankful I am not afraid to try anything. I am thankful I have the courage to put myself in any situation and try something out-I used to be very shy individual but I never meet a stranger anymore.

5. I am thankful for hard lessons learned. I need to be reminded sometimes that things are not what they seem at first and trust must be earned not given.

6. I am thankful for my health, I am thankful that I care enough to devote myself to the health of my physical and mental body. Its the only house I will live in for my whole life and I am so thankful I care enough to keep it immaculate.

7. I am thankful for the best advice I have gotten this year: "I've learned that time is the relationship healer and going out and meeting/dating other guys mends wounds. There are some fucking awesome people and sweethearts out there and if the one you are with isn't...don't waste your time because YOU are"

8. I am thankful I remain positive, optimistic, and that I look on the bright side. I am thankful I accomplish as least one thing each day and vegging out on a couch is never an option.

And thus I am thankful I am ready to keep pushing forward. 2011 was the year of opportunities and I seized them all. I hope to accomplish half the things in 2012 that I did in 2011. So lets go play ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment